Privacy Statement & Liability Disclaimer
Collection and Use of Personal Membership Data
SPAE collects personal information (name, address, telephone number and/or email address) for SPAE members, and their nominated partners and associates where appropriate, to be used solely for the purpose of conducting the following core business activities:
- Preparing an annual audit of membership numbers
- Maintaining records of Membership fees due and paid
- Providing information to individuals or groups of individuals about matters relevant to them as SPAE members
- Distributing newsletters and reports
- Calling notices for the Annual General Meeting and any Special General Meeting, which it is thought appropriate to call
- Conducting surveys or questionnaires amongst the membership on SPAE‐related issues
SPAE follows the principles of the General Data Protection Regulations which requires data to:
- Be obtained fairly and lawfully on the basis of consent
- Be held and processed only for the specific purposes listed above
- Be accurate and kept up to date
- Be kept no longer than necessary
- Be made available to data subjects on request
- Be appropriately protected against – unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure and destruction and accidental loss
SPAE does not share this information with any other organisation, and will delete this information on termination of membership. In the event that a member wishes to discontinue their membership they should write or email the Membership Secretary accordingly (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
SPAE is a wholly volunteer organisation, with Officers and Committee Members using their knowledge and experience to provide advice and guidance within the scope as defined on the SPAE Constitution.
Information provided by SPAE is not offered by practising planning or legal professionals, and anyone relying on SPAE is strongly recommended to seek appropriate professional advice.
Neither SPAE, its Officers nor Committee Members accept liability for any loss or damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of the use of information provided, either on the SPAE website or otherwise.
The information provided on the SPAE website is intended for guidance only.
Where the SPAE website contains links to external websites, any information, products or services on those sites are not necessarily endorsed or recommended by SPAE, and SPAE will not accept liability for any loss or damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of the use of information provided by external websites.
© Society for the Protection of Ascot and Environs.
Last updated 2018-05-28 by Julia Chester